The U.S. DOT requires hazardous materials transportation training for all persons that perform one or more of the following functions:
- loading, unloading, or handling hazardous materials including lithium batteries;
- manufacturing, testing, reconditioning or repairing HM packagings;
- preparing hazardous materials for transportation;
- supervising or managing hazardous materials transportation safety; or
- operating a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials.
The course fulfills the U.S. DOT hazardous materials transportation training requirements for: (1) General Awareness & Familiarization; (2) DOT General Safety; (3) Hazardous Materials Security Awareness; and (4) Function-Specific for those Surface Transportation functions performed by various hazardous materials employees at a typical automotive dealership or related facilities, as outlined in the course syllabus.